ISOFLEXX® - Flexible, insulated, laminated busbars, setting a new standard
ISOFLEXX® is an insulated laminated busbar of the highest technical standard. ISOFLEXX® sets a new benchmark in the area of flexible busbars with its highly developed and proven technology.
ISOFLEXX® the busbar that can do MORE! Because flexibility alone is not enough!
ISOFLEXX® is made up of several layered copper lamellas durably protected by special highgrade PVC insulation (ISOFLEXX® Classic) or environment-friendly halogen-free silicon insulation (ISOFLEXX® Premium). The loose arrangement of the lamellas in the insulation allows problem-free bending and twisting, and the fine lamination gives ISOFLEXX® its outstanding flexibility.
ISOFLEXX®, the innovative and cost-effective solution
- for all electrical connections in switch cabinets and low-voltage switchgear systems
- as a movable component inside solid busbar systems
- for connecting generators, transformers, switchgear systems and switching equipment
- as a connecting lead to machine switches, immersion baths, etc.
- as a riser in switching systems
The conductor material:
- Isoflexx®Highly conductive Cu-ETP 99.9
- Isoflexx® Tinned or bare copper lamellas
- Isoflexx® Suitable for drilling and punching
- Isoflexx® Resistant, with reinforced edges
- Isoflexx® High operating voltage
- Isoflexx® Homogeneous, stress-free insulation (no bursting at edges)
- Isoflexx® Higher thermal short-circuit resistance than comparable bars or cables
- Isoflexx® Different colors
- Isoflexx® 3 different versions
» Isoflexx® Classic = PVC, self-extinguishing
» Isoflexx® Premium = silicon, halogen-free and self-extinguishing
» Isoflexx® Supreme = Santoprene, halogen-free
- Isoflexx® Complies with RoHS Directive
Easy to install thanks to:
- Isoflexx® Maximum flexibility
- Isoflexx® Bending with minimum radii
- Isoflexx® Shorter connections, space-saving design
- Isoflexx® Reliable operation thanks to high operating temperatures and high operating voltages
- Isoflexx® Certified and monitored by UL/CSA
ISOFLEXX® – advantages at a glance!
ISOFLEXX® possesses unusual flexibility and can even be folded. In addition, the resistance of the conductor cross-section is far lower than that of cable and therefore permits smaller bending radii. This saves time and enables you to work more effectively.
Due to the flexibility of ISOFLEXX®, the number of contact points is far lower than with conventional solid busbar systems. Moreover, the flexible design compensates for construction tolerances during installation, which means it is no longer necessary to perform any additional bending as would be the case with solid busbars. ISOFLEXX® greatly reduces installation time.
The smaller conductor cross-section of ISOFLEXX® compared to cables with the same ampacity reduces material usage.
The simple and efficient design saves you time and money.
ISOFLEXX® enhances the safety of your systems and installations:
- no cable lugs
- reinforced edges
- extreme heat resistance
- certified dielectric strength
- well-balanced insulation
Choose ISOFLEXX® for maximum reliability!
The special ISOFLEXX® production process allows the use of different colors for the insulation. You can choose from a range of standard colors (green/yellow, blue, brown, black) or specify colors according to your requirements. This means you can color-code different connections, making it easier for you to retain an overview of connections in the switchgear and other systems while making them safer at the same time.
ISOFLEXX® ensures everything is in plain sight.
- Cutting to length
- Drilling of hole patterns
- Drilling of oblong holes
- Press-welding of connections
- Riveting of connections
- Imprinting of customer names and logos
- Full imprinting to customer specification
- Packaging to customer specification
What do you need?
- variable lengths of 250 – 3000 mm
- Holes on one or both connections
- Presswelding (only blank copper) on one or both connections
- Bending at any angle on the broad side
- Fold over the high edge
- Twist of 90° on both connections
We are happy to hear about your needs and to help create an appropriate offer.
ISOFLEXX® Classic Ampacity
Standard length 2000 mm, available in lengths from 250 to 3000 mm on request / 1 Other dimensions on request / 2 Heating of busbar depends on: current strength, ambient temperature, heat dissipation, laying method, installation, application / Multiplication factor of 1.72 if 2 bars are used, multiplication factor of 2.25 if 3 bars are used in parallel arrangement based on DIN 43 671/Available in the color gray (standard) / The SPS product ranges are continuously extended
Standard length 2000 mm, available in lengths from 250 to 3000 mm on request / 1 Other dimensions on request / 2 Heating of busbar depends on: current strength, ambient temperature, heat dissipation, laying method, installation, application / Multiplication factor of 1.72 if 2 bars are used, multiplication factor of 2.25 if 3 bars are used in parallel arrangement based on DIN 43 671 / Available in the color gray (standard) / The SPS product ranges are continuously extended.
Technical Data Overview Isoflexx®
ISOFLEXX® bar screw connections
The following standards should be observed:
- DIN 43671 and 43670: Busbars with rectangular cross-section
- DIN 43673: Busbars – drilling and crew connection
Creating busbar connections:
It is generally advisable to tighten non-rusting screws with a torque wrench. In addition, sprung elements should be used that can maintain the required contact pressure. The tension discs maintain the tension force within a defined range and are therefore also recommended for the fixing of screws.
Sufficient tension force prevents the screws from loosening by themselves. This facilitates maintenance of busbar connections. In fact, no maintenance may be necessary at all.
In the case of vibrations etc., micro-encapsulated screws or other screw fixing devices should be used.
With DC and AC current up to 6300 A, connecting material (bolts, nuts) of strength class 8.8 or higher (DIN 267T3) can be used in indoor areas.
Treatment of contact surfaces:
The surfaces should be even but not polished. The contact resistance is lower if the contact surfaces have medium coarseness (RA 1.6-3.2) as this makes it easier to pass through the oxides. However, the contact surfaces should be free of oxidation and grease. If this is not the case, you must clean the contact surfaces.
Boreholes DIN 43673
All dimensions im mm
1Specify Length (LA), Borehole (D) and Spacing (RA)
2 Nominal current at 35°C ambient temperature and 85°C conductor temperature
The conductor temperature caries accordingly with higher or lower ambient temperature;
max. operating temperature: 105°C
Deviating current loads can be converted using the factors listed in DIN 43671.